Having gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey is the most ideal treatment method for people who aim to lose weight in a healthy and fast way. Surgery TR offers minimally invasive and low-risk bariatric surgery thanks to its contracted specialist surgeons and the latest technology it has in internationally accredited hospitals.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Sleeve Gastrectomy is a surgical procedure that aims to lose weight by removing approximately 75% of the stomach and changing the digestive system. Sleeve Gastrectomy is performed under general anesthesia using laparoscopic surgery technique in order to make the post-operative recovery process much faster, and the recovery period is usually between 2-3 weeks.
In gastric sleeve operation using laparoscopy, the incisions are made small in the upper part of the abdomen. People who have undergone gastric sleeve surgery will feel full by eating very little food after the procedure.
Candidate Characteristics for Gastric Sleeve Surgery
For patients who want to have sleeve gastrectomy surgery in Turkey:
- Those with a body mass index of 35 or above,
- Those who have high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes due to obesity,
- Those who cannot lose weight despite regular sports and healthy nutrition,
- Those who are psychologically ready to change their lifestyle and eating habits.
Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Turkey
People who will have gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey with Surgery TR can benefit from the All-Inclusive Packages. In these All-Inclusive Medical Health Packages; operation fee, foreign language speaking patient care and healthcare team, accommodation, flight tickets, and transfer services are included.
In addition, the cost of having a Gastric Sleeve in Turkey varies according to the hospital, surgeon and team, and the patient’s health status. However, the cost of a gastric sleeve surgery performed in Turkey is 50-60% cheaper than in European countries.
Because of Turkey’s low labor cost in operational procedures, hosting a large number of medical tourists, and differences in exchange rates, the cost of having gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey is more economically feasible.
Why is Surgery TR the Best for Gastric Sleeve in Turkey?
With its international patients from all over the world, Surgery TR has become the best choice for sleeve gastrectomy procedures in Turkey. Surgery TR with its experienced and expert surgeons in sleeve gastrectomy;
- Extremely luxurious hospitals equipped with the latest technology and internationally accredited
- A large healthcare team that takes a “patient-centered” approach
- Relevant surgeons who provide pre-and post-operative support and communication
- An economical and quality operation process with All-Inclusive Medical Health Packages
Frequently Asked Questions
How much weight can I lose with a sleeve gastrectomy?
Weight loss varies depending on the exercise and lifestyle after the surgery. However, the new stomach size is also important for the amount of weight lost. In addition, if you follow all the instructions and care given by the surgeon after the operation, it is possible to lose about 70% of the weight you have.
Can the gastric sleeve inserted in sleeve gastrectomy be removed?
In the gastric sleeve operation, a part of the stomach is removed by the surgeon. Therefore, there is no question of adding or removing the gastric sleeve.
Can I have more than one gastric sleeve surgery?
There is no clear answer to this question yet. However, in some cases, your plastic surgeon may consider a second gastric sleeve surgery necessary. In some cases; well. If there is any medical necessity, your surgeon can evaluate it.
Will it cure my diabetes?
As a result of research, it has been determined that sleeve gastrectomy surgery improves type 2 diabetes. However, blood sugar, triglyceride, and cholesterol levels are likely to return to normal.
|Operation takes around 1 hour|
|It is performed under general anesthesia|
|Patient stays two nights at the hospital after surgery|
|Side effects and risks are; temporary swelling around your wounds, nausea, inability to eat certain foods|
|Losing weight starts in 1-2 weeks and completes around 1 year|
|Results last depending on the change of weight and hormones|
Meeting with transfer at the airport and transfer to the 5-star hotel.
Meeting with patient host at the hotel and transfer to the hospital for the operation.
Controls and check out from the hospital and transfer to the hotel.
Meeting with patient host at the hotel and check up at doctor’s clinic.
Check-out from the hotel and transfer to the airport.
Post Operative Instructions
Obesity treatment requires a confident and responsible stance beyond a quick diet. You need to pay attention to and follow the customized diet plan prepared by the doctor
- Follow the amount of water consumption given by your surgeon to prevent dehydration, which is extremely harmful to your body.
- You should not drink liquids for at least 30 minutes after eating.
- You should stop consuming alcohol and cigarettes for a month after the operation.
- After the weight loss surgery, what you eat and drink can go to your small intestine quickly. This can lead to adverse events such as sudden dizziness, rapid sweating, and nausea. Therefore, you should eat and drink very slowly.
- You should consume foods that are high in protein and low in fat.
- Caffeine consumption can also cause dehydration. Therefore, you should stop drinking coffee for a while.
- You should use the supplements and vitamins recommended by your doctor.
- You can easily consume foods that can be mashed well, such as lean ground beef, cottage cheese, cooked cereal, cooked vegetables, scrambled eggs.
- Female patients should avoid pregnancy for 12 to 18 months after weight loss surgery.
I applied for Gynecomastia grade 4 and back lift I was told I was suitable for the operation. When the surgeon discovered my past illnesses (mini stroke) they informed me they could not do the operation. As much as I was disappointed with the outcome, I was pleasantly surprised that they took the decision to put my health before the money. This made me believe they are a reputable organisation who think more of there clients than money. In todays world especially were the pandemic has affected every business it was nice to see people still caring about my welfare instead of money
I had four surgeries done at the same time and am over the moon with my results just one month post op.So I booked a consultation with Ege one of the staff at Surgery Tr and he was so humble and patient with me the whole time .He was very authentic with everything That he did.On my arrival in Turkey I was given a first class treatment right from transportation, accommodation,and the treatment was on another level.my surgery went as planned and I was having the best care ever Thank u Surgery Tr and Dr .Daghan isik you gave me my confidence and happiness back.