It is possible to obtain impressive and natural hair transplant surgery results with the FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique used in hair transplant operation.
Hair transplant operation is mostly suitable for people between the ages of 21 and 60. However, the procedure to be performed depends on some personal factors; Pre- and post-operative instructions for FUE hair transplantation are determined within factors such as the age of the patient, hair texture, medical health status, routine medications used, scalp structure and density of hair follicles.
FUE Hair Transplant Pre-operative Instructions
- No vitamins and supplements should be taken 1 week before the procedure.
- Any aspirin or painkiller should be discontinued 1 week before.
- Alcohol is not taken 48 hours before the procedure.
- Smoking should be stopped 1 week before the procedure.
- You can take a shower the night before the procedure or the same morning.
- Avoid consuming any steroids and using cortisone creams.
- Before the procedure, the scalp can be washed with a mild shampoo.
- Exercise, jogging, jogging, or any strenuous activity should be avoided.
- In Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), the doctor extracts individual hair follicles from healthy areas of the scalp and transplants them to bald spots.
- On the other hand, in the case of Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), the doctor removes a few inches of skin graft from the donor area, divides it into small sections, and extracts hair follicles from these sections. They will then insert these follicles into small cuts in the recipient area, which takes about 4 to 6 hours to complete.
FUE Hair Transplantation Post-Surgery Instructions
- Apply the lotion and shampoo given by the doctor for 10 days after the procedure.
- After 10 days, a regular washing regimen and hair care can be done.
- After the procedure, alcohol should be avoided for 3 days and smoking for two weeks.
- Do not engage in heavy physical activities for the first month after the operation.
- Do not enter chlorinated swimming pools for the first 14 days.
- Bandages should be used for the first few days after surgery to protect the surgical area.
- Two days after the procedure, post-hair transplant care includes bathing and cleaning the donor area.
- Towels should not be used while drying the hair.
How is the Hair Transplant Process in Turkey?
Before coming to Turkey, the patients make a preliminary interview with the experts based on their hairy photos.
- 1 day
Consultation and blood tests
Hair Transplant Operation (6-8 hours, local anesthesia)
- 2 days
Check-up visit and first hair wash
Special care products and post-operative instructions provided
The SurgeryTR team continues to stay in touch with all their patients to follow the healing process.