Hours of exercise and long-term diets are not enough in the weight loss process. Surgery TR, with its contracted doctors and internationally accredited hospitals in Turkey, offers an effective and permanent treatment method by displaying a first-class service concept in the weight loss process.
What is Weight Loss Surgery?
Weight loss surgery, or bariatric surgery as it is medically called, is a surgical operation for people who want to experience extreme weight loss. In this operation, some changes are made in the digestive system of the person and as a result, extreme weight loss is experienced.
With Surgery TR, the average duration of weight loss surgery in Turkey is 2 hours. The recovery period in this operation, which is mostly performed under general anesthesia, covers approximately 1 month. With the technique used, there is no possibility of a visible scar after the Bariatric procedure.
Weight loss surgery consists of several different types. These types are determined in line with the patient’s needs and health data, accompanied by the expert health team of Surgery TR. However, weight loss surgeries are performed with the laparoscopic surgery technique. The most common weight loss practices in Turkey include gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy operations.
Types of Weight Loss Surgery
Bariatric surgery should not be confused with aesthetic operations. Weight loss surgery is a purely surgical operation and is not suitable for everyone. For example, people who cannot lose weight despite many diets and exercises can have bariatric surgery.
One of the most preferred procedures within the scope of weight loss surgery in Turkey is the sleeve gastrectomy operation. In this application, a part of the stomach is removed and the patient is prevented from needing to eat too much. Patients who have undergone gastric sleeve surgery can use only 30% of their stomachs after the operation. In this way, it will be possible to get full quickly while eating. This surgery encompasses a simple yet effective procedure for patients suffering from obesity.
However, patients who want to have sleeve gastrectomy surgery in Turkey with SurgeryTR have their operational procedures performed under laparoscopic surgery. This is an important factor that makes the healing process take a much shorter time.
In the gastric bypass method, the upper part of the stomach is connected to the small intestine. The main purpose of this operation; is to reduce the amount of absorption by shrinking the stomach. Gastric bypass can be performed by open surgery or laparoscopy method at the request of the doctor and the patient, depending on the case.
During surgery, surgeons create a small pouch in the upper part of the stomach and connect this incision to the small intestine. People who have had gastric bypass in Turkey have the chance to feel full quickly and get fewer calories from their food while eating.
Bariatric Surgery and the Weight Loss Process
Weight loss surgery in Turkey with SurgeryTR reduces the size of the stomach, helping to feel full even in small portions. However, in some procedures, a small intestinal tract is created for the body to absorb calories so that the patient receives low calories. Thus, the production of ghrelin, that is, the hunger hormone, decreases in the patient and the person begins to lose weight quickly.
Who is a Good Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
The eligibility status of SurgeryTR’s contracted specialists and people who want to have stomach surgery in internationally accredited hospitals can be determined as follows:
- Your body mass index (BMI) is equal to or greater than 35,
- If you have high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes problems,
- If you cannot lose weight despite exercise and diet programs,
- If no health problem in your medical history would prevent you from undergoing surgery,
- If you believe that you will follow the post-operative care and nutrition instructions,
You are ready to have weight loss surgery in Turkey.
Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
- Losing weight in the short term
- Remission and improvement in cardiovascular health for type 2 diabetes
- Reduced risk of developing cancer
- A more energetic and dynamic look
- A long life
- Less drug use
- Increase in self-esteem and quality of life
The value of the height to weight ratio creates the Body Mass Index. However, the BMI rate does not include children and pregnant women. People with a Body Mass Index of 35 and above are among the suitable candidates to have weight loss surgery in Turkey. BMI can be calculated with a simple formula:
- BMI= Weight (kg) / Height (m)²
To find out if the Body Mass Index is at a healthy value, you can refer to the table below:
18.5 and below weak
18.5 – 24.9 Healthy
25 – 29.9 Overweight
30 – 39.9 Obese
40 and over Morbidly obese
Cost of Weight Loss Surgery with Surgery TR in Turkey
Patients who have weight loss surgery in Turkey with SurgeryTR become partners in a full-fledged process with All-Inclusive Packages. In All-Inclusive Medical Packages; operation fees, a large team that speaks a foreign language, personal nutrition plan, transfer and accommodation services.
However, the average cost of weight loss surgeries in Europe; While it is between 10.000 € and 20.000 €; In Turkey, this cost is approximately 60% less. The reason for this price difference is the low labor costs in Turkey and the difference in the exchange rate.
|Operation takes around 1 hours|
|It is performed under general anesthesia|
|Patient stays two night at the hospital after surgery|
|Side effects and risks are; temporary swelling around your wounds, nausea, inability to eat certain foods|
|Losing weight starts in 1-2 weeks and completes around 1 year|
|Results last depending on the change of weight and hormones|
Post Operative Instructions
Obesity treatment requires a confident and responsible stance beyond a quick diet. You need to pay attention to and follow the customized diet plan prepared by the doctor
- Follow the amount of water consumption given by your surgeon to prevent dehydration, which is extremely harmful for your body.
- You should not drink liquids for at least 30 minutes after eating.
- You should stop consuming alcohol and cigarettes for a month after the operation.
- After the weight loss surgery, what you eat and drink can go to your small intestine quickly. This can lead to adverse events such as sudden dizziness, rapid sweating and nausea. Therefore, you should eat and drink very slowly.
- You should consume foods that are high in protein and low in fat.
- Caffeine consumption can also cause dehydration. Therefore, you should stop drinking coffee for a while.
- You should use the supplements and vitamins recommended by your doctor.
- You can easily consume foods that can be mashed well, such as lean ground beef, cottage cheese, cooked cereal, cooked vegetables, scrambled eggs.
- Female patients should avoid pregnancy for 12 to 18 months after weight loss surgery.
I had four surgeries done at the same time and am over the moon with my results just one month post op.So I booked a consultation with Ege one of the staff at Surgery Tr and he was so humble and patient with me the whole time .He was very authentic with everything That he did.On my arrival in Turkey I was given a first class treatment right from transportation, accommodation,and the treatment was on another level.my surgery went as planned and I was having the best care ever Thank u Surgery Tr and Dr .Daghan isik you gave me my confidence and happiness back.